    might be time for a new mb while Im at It. Im looking for a fast chipset, 8x
    agp, usb 2.0, firewire, sata, and onboard sound. I was looking at a few on
    newegg and thought id get some advice. Thanks Jay

    jay, Feb 27, 2004

  2. jay

    Basket Case Guest

    Asus A7N8X-E Delux has all those features. That's the board I am currently
    using and I am very happy with it.

    -BC

    Basket Case, Feb 27, 2004

  3. jay

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    If you are staying with an Athlon XP system, get an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, and
    an Athlon XP 2500+ Mobile (Athlon XP-M). They fit into a regular socket A
    motherboard, and since they are mobile chips their default voltage is 1.4
    instead of 1.65, and they are multiplier unlocked. Simply drop the chip
    in, up the voltage to 1.65 and change the FSB from 333 to 400 and you have
    an Athlon XP 3200+. You can typically overclock those chips from their
    stock speed to between 2.4 and 2.7 ghz, and a mobile XP 2500+ is only $25
    more expensive then a desktop 2500+.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction