    a good price. Im looking for somthing in the area of 70 bucks us. Im not
    looking to overclock. Also what are some of the good chipsets for the xp
    chips? Thanks Jay

    jay, Mar 4, 2004

  2. jay

    before Guest

    Hmm I'd get one of those Gigabyte Nforce2 motherboards, an Athlon XP-M 2500+
    and PC3200 ram, and run it at 205/410 -- 2260MHz :)

    Cut costs on the CPU if you wish, but a cheap motherboard will just die on you.
    A cheap CPU on the other hand never will.

    before, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Try Tiger Direct and look at the Mach Speed. They have a lifetime
    warranty. I just built a system with a V4DMP and XP2400+, and it seems
    very happy so far. With the rebates, some are as low as $50.

    David L. Cottrell, Mar 6, 2004
  4. jay

    Pug Fugley Guest

    The Nvidia Nforce 2 Ultra is the ONLY chipset to have. I use the Gigabyte
    boards when I need one in that price range.

    Pug Fugley, Mar 7, 2004
  5. jay

    nihoa Guest

    I just got done replacing my 2.5 year old MB with a Biostar M7 NCD Ultra.
    It was an
    easy install and my system is just working fine. My boots have all been
    flawless and I haven't
    experienced any lockups. This MB is a rock solid performer. I'm glad I got
    it. Again, www.newegg.com was the source; good prices with free shipping.

    My two cents...

    nihoa

    nihoa, Apr 2, 2004