    I purchased a MSI NX8500GT video card from newegg. It seems to be OK
    except that there's no reds.

    The manual no help. Does it seem likely that the card is defective?

    Haines Brown, Mar 8, 2008

  2. Haines Brown

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Can be defective card, defectice connecotr, defective
    cable and defective monitor. Do you get red with a different
    card? If so, the card is broken.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Mar 9, 2008

  3. Haines Brown

    Haines Brown Guest

    Thanks Arno. I neglected to mention that I swapped monitors/cards and
    that didn't help.

    I should also have mentioned that the characters show up with vga driver
    on start of boot. So it's not a driver problem.

    No card to swap, but I'm about to buy another one and see.

    Haines Brown, Mar 9, 2008