new Neuros ARM & multimedia developer "board" (texas instruments)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by joeborn, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. joeborn

    joeborn Guest

    First, sorry to spam the group, but this is pretty directly pertinent,
    so I wanted to announce here. Neuros is starting to sell a developer
    board that I thought you all might be interested in. Our company is an
    "open source consumer electronics" company so we're not really in the
    business of selling "developer boards" per se but we're trying to
    attract hackers so that's effectively what we're doing.

    The fact that we're not in the business of selling "developer boards"
    is actually mostly a good thing since we're not looking to make the
    margins that are require by most companies that sell developer boards.
    On the bad side, it's intended to be a product so it doesn't have every
    single interface that you can think of. Anyhow, it's a 200MHz ARM9
    with a TI DSP (proprietary) and ability to encode and decode MPEG-4
    video up to 720x480 at 30 fps or so and it has USB host, Ethernet and
    CF, SD and MemStick interfaces and it runs Linux 2.6.

    At this stage we're only selling the "developer samples" which are
    supposed to ship in another week or so see here
    http://www.theneuros.com/index.php/OSD_Developer_Board_v1

    the finished product is http://www.theneuros.com/index.php/Neuros_OSD

    hacker information is here
    http://www.theneuros.com/index.php/Developer_Welcome

    the official website is www.neurostechnology.com

    Again, I apologize if this is perceived as spam, I honestly only sent
    it because I thought it would be of interest.

    Thanks,

    Joe

    joeborn, Jun 21, 2006

  2. joeborn

    joeborn Guest

    Forgot to mention that the dev "boards" below are $150 complete with
    video/audio codecs, etc. Sorry I forgot that important bit of
    information.

    joeborn, Jun 21, 2006