    "official" receipt, rather than an eBay transaction.
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/index....dProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=5922&SID=

    Clint

    Clint, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Clint

    Ben Myers Guest

    Easiest thing for you to do is to remove the miniPCI card cover and see if there
    are two antenna leads inside. If so, you are good to go with wfi. If not,
    you are better off with a PC Card (aka PCMCIA or CardBus) wifi card. Without
    the internal antenna, wireless reception is weak and spotty. With one, wifi
    reception is solid... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Clint

    S.Lewis Guest

    That card will take an Intel 2915 with no problem. Antenna should be in
    there.

    I use this model at work with a Dell (Broadcom) internal card. Does fine.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Dec 12, 2006
  4. If the laptop was "WiFi Ready", you can use most (not all) mini-PCI
    cards (internal). If it was not "WiFi Ready", you have to use a PC
    Card. PC cards come in two flavors, 16-bit and 32-bit (32-bit =
    "Cardbus"). Almost all laptops since about 1997-98 can take either.
    Most laptops that did not come with an internal WiFi card are not "WiFi
    Ready", which means, basically, having an antenna installed already.
    Generally, adding the antenna & associated wiring, while perhaps
    theoretically possible, is not feasible.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 12, 2006
  5. Clint

    Clint Guest

    Thanks, all. Popped open the MiniPCI area, and the two antennae connectors
    are there. So it looks like I'm good to go.

    Clint

    Clint, Dec 14, 2006
  6. Clint

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yes. I thought that the C600 had the antennae. But I no longer have one here
    to check. Sold it and shipped it out today... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 14, 2006