    hard drive)
    tryed to start it up, nothin happens, other then the fans startin up
    to like half a second. Please help I'v tryed everything. :(

    Siegefinder, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Siegefinder

    Aaron Guest

    (Siegefinder) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I recently bought a new cpu and mobo combo ( asrock k7s8xe with an amd
    > athlon xp 2700). I placed everything in the case ( video card, cd-rom,
    > hard drive)
    > tryed to start it up, nothin happens, other then the fans startin up
    > to like half a second. Please help I'v tryed everything. :(

    Take out everything, and try booting with only the motherboard. It
    should give error that it wants RAM, put that in. Then boot, and it
    will beep for video card. Satisfy it's needs. After you get the BIOS
    then (you should), add other things one at a time.

    Aaron

    Aaron, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Siegefinder

    Zebedee Guest

    > Take out everything, and try booting with only the motherboard. It
    > should give error that it wants RAM, put that in. Then boot, and it
    > will beep for video card. Satisfy it's needs. After you get the BIOS
    > then (you should), add other things one at a time.

    It could be a bad CPU. I had a bad AMD 2000. It looked a bit funny when I
    bought it. I put it in and it went for a few minutes than went phut. I had
    exaclty the same symptoms.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jun 11, 2004
  4. (Siegefinder) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I recently bought a new cpu and mobo combo ( asrock k7s8xe with an amd
    > athlon xp 2700). I placed everything in the case ( video card, cd-rom,
    > hard drive)
    > tryed to start it up, nothin happens, other then the fans startin up
    > to like half a second. Please help I'v tryed everything. :(

    ur cpu (the AMD chip) is probebly not working, this happens often
    enough in new PCs especailly assembled ones. get a replacement. the
    second possibliity might be the motherboard itself. just send both of
    them back to the place u ordered them from and get replacements. the
    thrid and most irratating one of them all is that ur powersource
    doesnt work. this is the least likely of the three and hence the last
    to be tested and HENCE THE MOST IRRITATING cause u have already pspent
    al that time checking the other aspects
    if u have just bought it from a shop go back and tell them it is
    fucked up. if it is assembled u have to replace the parts.

    lowTheoryhighLogic, Jun 11, 2004