New PS

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Jeff S, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Jeff S

    Jeff S Guest

    My CWT 320W power supply croaked on me today after about a year. I'm using
    my friend's 250W (!) power supply for now until I get a new one.
    Surprisingly, things are working pretty well so far... I can even play games
    without any problems.

    Just wondering what the requirements are for an Athlon power supply. E.g.
    how much power the +3.3V and +5V outputs need to be able to handle, etc.

    Also, I'm looking for a reasonably priced 300W power supply. Maybe 350W, if
    the price is right... but it doesn't look like I need any more than that.
    Any suggestions?

    Here's my configuration:

    __________________
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+