New PSU for Dell Inspiron 530

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Aristos, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Aristos

Aristos

Just got a brand new Dual Core Dell Inspiron 530 with a 300W standard power supply. I got it for gaming so I also got me a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card. I've been told the PSU that comes with the Dell is more powerful then they say, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I got myself a GS Series ATX 12V2.2 450 Watt power supply. My friend and I tried hooking it up but we ended up getting a yellow light on the LED power button, instead of blue. We figured the power supply wasn't getting power to the right places.

Is that power supply even compatible with the Dell I got? The motherboard calls for a P2 connector I believe and the power supply didn't have one of those. I'm still a newbie when it comes to this stuff, so forgive me if I'm not naming things right.

If anyone could tell me if that power supply is alright, or possibly point me to another one, that would be amazing. Thanks for any help in advance

Aristos, Apr 13, 2009
Ask a Question