New Punkbuster probable cause of Battlefield 2 Lag,Stutter,Sound distortion !

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 28, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I checked my Battlefield 2 Full installation folder:

    The folder pb contains a new punkbuster version signed 24 august 2007.

    It also installs a driver which could be considered a rootkit as well.

    This new punkbuster is probably the cause of very bad sound stutter and
    possibly lag spikes !

    (I have seen many people complain about what they call lag spikes !)

    Look for the files:

    Battlefield2\PB\PnkBstrB.exe

    and

    Battlefield2\PB\PnkBstrK.sys

    I can't believe these fuckers have the nerve to **** up one of the most
    brilliant MP shooters to this date !

    ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SUX.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 28, 2007

  2. When I run the uninstall program and test the services it crashes.

    Apperently very bug shit.

    It generates exceptions which slows down the system a lot, possibly the
    cause of the slow downs/stutters.

    Bad bad bad shit.

    Probably gonna uninstall it and see what happens ;)

    Or I am gonna play on punkbuster-free servers.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 28, 2007

  3. Well,

    I just played 3 hours of Battlefield 2 non stop with 16 players. (Biggest
    non punkbuster server I could find at night).

    And absolutely NO LAG, NO SOUND DISTORTION, NADA !!!!!!

    I am gonna play Battlefield 2 some more the coming days, weeks, months...
    without punkbuster and with more players ?!

    I am starting to suspect punkbuster is the cause of the fucking SOUND
    PROBLEMS in BF2 !

    It's the only game I play with punkbuster ! And it's the only game with
    sound problems this whole fucking year !

    Reason to believe punkbuster could be the cause of sound problems after all:

    1. Whole year punkbuster shit actived.

    2. New punkbuster crap WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE MAJOR SOUND DISTORTIONS AND
    MAJOR STUTTER AND LAG !

    3. I read it on website as well that Punkbuster IS KNOWN TO CAUSE SOUND
    PROBLEMS IN OTHER GAMES AS WELL !

    4. It makes a whole lot of sense ! Punkbuster is doing lots of cpu
    possible... and especially these new lower level drivers...

    Could cause to much PCI time.. causing elite-pro problems.

    Things are not certain yet... only thing I know is that punkbuster definetly
    causes major sound problems and stutter.

    If it's completely the cause of all sound bugs remains to be seen/tested !
    ;)

    Hehe and I plan to do so !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.