    local shop stock.
    Anyone want to way in?

    Thanks,

    Phat_Jethro, Apr 24, 2012

  2. Phat_Jethro

    andy Guest

    Since the beginning of this year I've been running:
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Intel Core i5-2500K
    Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX
    Patriot PP120GS25SSDR
    Seagate ST1500DL003
    Samsung HD103UI
    Samsung HD154UI
    FusionHDTV7 Dual Express
    Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
    Windows 7 x64 Professional
    Antec EA-435
    Using the i5-2500K HD3000 GPU, Dual Monitor
    Typical power consumption: 110 watts, 45% CPU Usage
    This system has been absolutely reliable.

    andy, Apr 28, 2012

  3. Phat_Jethro

    Phat_Jethro Guest

    Thanks for the confidence as I ended up getting a GA-Z77-UD3H. Very
    similar board I would assume with just a newer chipset.

    Phat_Jethro, Apr 30, 2012
  4. Phat_Jethro

    Paul Guest

    That's an Ivy Bridge chipset.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the-intel-ivy-bridge-core-i7-3770k-review/5

    What you get from it, compared to Z68 (last generation chipset), is USB3
    is included in the Southbridge. This is the launch of native USB3 by
    Intel, so you get to test a brand new feature :)

    Previous motherboards, had to use a separate chip from NEC, Asmedia, or Etron,
    to have USB3 work on them. Finally, Intel put it on their chipset.

    With any motherboard, you go to the motherboard manufacturer web page, and
    get the "CPU Support" chart, and verify your processor is supported. I
    expect it is, but you should still do a double check. If so, I expect
    the very first BIOS release, would include support for 2500K, so that's
    not likely to be a problem.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 30, 2012
  5. Phat_Jethro

    Phat_Jethro Guest

    Thx Paul. I did check before hand to make sure it runs in it. Since I'm
    moving from a dual core I figured this jump until the can get a cheaper
    Ivy Bridge for the next leap.

    Phat_Jethro, May 2, 2012