New System. But i need a new Board any recomendations.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Alyssa, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. Alyssa

    Alyssa Guest

    I have everything else in Stone as you say.

    But the Mobo is bein gthe hardest choice. I want one that is NOT SLI.
    I know if i went sli i would get another videcard and i dont want to
    be tempted. The vidcard i want is a 7800GT and i don't want to add
    another 500 bucks to the price. And the only time to make it
    worthwhile is when its new. As in a year you could buy a faster single
    card cheaper than the second 7800gt :(

    Anyways iam looking for a board that overclocks well. And has AMD X2
    3800+ cpu compatability out of the box. As i dont have a 64bit cpu to
    instal and load the bios update ect ect ect.

    Also must have SATA 2/300. Dua lan would be ood to but any other
    extras are icing on the cake as they say.

    As long as it has the stuff i said ill be happy.

    Thanks for the help.

    Alyssa, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Alyssa

    BC Guest

    A8N32-SLI Deluxe

    Has SLI capability, but, just consider it overbuilt.

    Has SATA 2/300

    Heat pipe northbridge cooling

    If you are going to get a 7800GT, seems like you need a similar top of
    the line board to take full advantage of it.

    The A8N-SLI Premium also fits your criteria, and is less expensive, has
    been around well over a year now, so many bugs have been worked out by now.

    HTH

    BC

    BC, Jan 1, 2006

  3. Alyssa

    BC Guest

    Also, from another post I just read today, further down the list from yours:

    *Review of A8n32-sli shows mixed results*

    Hi Greyskyat...

    I can tell you one thing as an owner of an asus a8n32... no more
    hitches using the amd 4800 dual core. My entire setup is more stable
    (no more crashes involving google earth) and as fast, or faster
    depending on the game or application front verses the a8n premium.
    I've very pleased with the A8n 32.

    I'm out-
    pappy

    Another A8N32-SLI stability comment....
    Happily overclocking a X2 4400+ @ 2.6GHz. Absolutely stable - runs
    all Prime95 torture tests for 24 hours each with zero errors. CPU
    core-temp maximum --- 100% fully loaded both cores --- 46 degrees C.@
    2.6GHz (Zalman 9500 CPU heat-sink).

    John Lewis

    Interesting, yes, accurate, no....

    The 3dMark05 score of roughly 7000 in the xbit labs review is way off the
    average for this board and 7800GTX SLI.

    The Futuremark database 3dMark05 results for this board reflects scores for
    this combination ranging from 10,000 to 14,000+. My system (A8N32-SLI
    Deluxe - 4800 X2, eVGA 7800GTX SLI, 2 Gb Corsair 3500LLPRO, 2 74 Gb WD
    Raptor RAID Stripe) runs in the mid 11,000 range with everything at default
    speeds. Xbit ought to set it up right before they do their benchmarking.

    Trust me, this board eats anything else out there right now alive.

    BC, Jan 1, 2006