    wizard, and the broadband with no password/username
    option but that seems to do nothing.
    Any suggestions???

    Hope, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Hope

    Chris H. Guest

    Go into Network Connections, make sure none of the icons in there show as
    "Bridged" because the only thing you want active is your wireless. You can
    right-click and disable (that's all it does, not uninstall) everything not
    for the wireless.

    Then right-click the wireless connection, select Properties and set up
    whatever system you're using to access your base station. Follow the
    instructions from the base station information to use WEP encoding, too.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Sep 28, 2003

  3. Hope

    Chris W Guest

    Since you can ping an IP address, but cannot resolve
    using IE, I would also check your DNS server settings to
    make sure those are correct or supplied.

    Chris W, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Hope

    J Guest

    Hi,

    Every now and then I loose my wireless connection at
    home. Before I tried changing the settings on my tablet
    and it only got from bad to worst.

    Now when I loose my connection I unplug all the wires
    including power on the modem and D-Link.

    Not very technical but it works here.

    Hope this helps,
    J.

    J, Sep 28, 2003