New theory/story: Cool n Quiet killed the motherboard, because CPU fast/slow/voltage change.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Skybuck The Destroyer, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    I always used AMD Power Monitor to keep the voltage low. (for cpu fan
    sound reduction)

    The CPU was always going from low voltage to high voltage....

    I could also hear the CPU fan spindle up, then spindle down again,
    spindle up, etc.

    Maybe this constant change of voltage damaged and killed the
    motherboard !

    Sounds plausible !

    Constant voltage change... ? Hmmmm.

    Maybe I should have gone for a nice big fat cpu cooler instead... then
    I could have always let the cpu run at full speed... no problem ! Or
    maybe it would get to hot... who knows ?!

    Maybe I should start looking for a nice big fat cpu cooler without a
    fan... you know mean...

    A nice passive one ! YEAH... like the scytche ninja or something like
    that hmmmm.

    Gje, very, very, very interesting theory don't you think ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck The Destroyer, Jun 3, 2007

  2. You'r an idiot, that sounds plausible!

    JK

    Jaap Knasterhuis, Jun 4, 2007

  3. Skybuck The Destroyer

    Skybuck Guest

    Filing another abuse complaint at your presumable ISP.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck, Jun 4, 2007
  4. Skybuck The Destroyer

    Marra Guest

    Changing the voltage a lot wont blow up your motherboard.
    The processor changes voltages at around 2GHz and gets away with it !

    Marra, Jun 4, 2007
  5. Time will tell.
    Time will tell.

    The cpu might be blown to pieces by now ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck The Destroyer, Jun 4, 2007