New to Tablets and have newbie question SORRY

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by JW, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. JW

    JW Guest

    Please bare with me on this or please direct me to a another forum where
    newbie questions can be addressed fit his is not the correct place.
    Ok I just 2 days ago received my x41 1866-6TU Thinkpad.
    Today I decided to try to learn a little about the tablet portion of my
    laptop.
    First I ran the Tablet PC Tutorials, and when I tried to tap on the links I
    got a little window looking icon with a red X in it which would not allow me
    to follow the like.
    I think this has something to do with XP more than the tablet portion I just
    say this because id did not get to far with my education on Tablet PC's.
    I did notice that when I turned my digital pen over it did not act as an
    eraser as a section indicated it should.
    And I was unable to figure out what the 2 push buttons or levers do on the
    pen itself.
    Again I want to apologize for the newbie questions and would welcome
    direction to my questions and where you feel I should go until I get up to
    speed.
    Thanks
    JW

    JW, Sep 20, 2005

  2. I think the lever on the Thinkpad pen switches between writing and erasing
    modes, but until my X41 arrives I won't know for sure. I'm pretty sure
    there's no eraser on the end like there is on my Acers though.

    Ginny Caughey
    ..NET Compact Framework MVP

    Ginny Caughey [MVP], Sep 21, 2005

  3. JW