    any help/suggestions anyone is able to
    provide!
    Thank you, Rodi (Aka Rilan)

    Rilan, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Rilan

    Rilan Guest

    I just wanted to say thank you for your quick reply here, as well to
    all the e-mails I recived! :) To answer several questions I recived,
    is the following, as well as s question of my own. I look forward to
    hear what you all think! The disks I have to restore the 'puter are
    the hp pavilion home pc system recovery which are a set of 7 CD's that
    say it can only be used on of course HP Pavilion home
    PC's. OK NOW FOR MY
    QUESTION, Since the Original WDC WD2000BB-22DWA0 drive is hard to
    find (that aren't used, etc), what are a few drives any of you would
    use in it's place? a Again I look forward to hear what choice me
    drives you suggest! Thanx, Rodi P.S. I know should just get a new
    computer, but strangely attached to this
    one. :)

    Rilan, Apr 12, 2008

  3. Rilan

    joe Guest

    Almost any 3.5" drive marked "ATA" "PATA" or "EIDE" should work. Drives
    marked "SATA" will not. You should be able to go to any decent computer
    store and find one.

    A new drive should be less than $100.

    joe, Apr 12, 2008
  4. Rilan

    Ben Myers Guest

    The drive is a 200GB PATA/IDE drive. Any brand will do as a replacement, but
    some brands are worth avoiding. Seagate offers the best warranty and has good
    quality. Western Digitial, despite your experience, makes pretty good drives,
    too. Both are available in big box mass market stores. Avoid Maxtor, which is
    Seagate's cheap brand that they bought.

    And, of course, a replacement drive will not have HP's System_sav partition, so
    you need a Windows CD to install again... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 12, 2008
  5. Rilan

    Rilan Guest

    Hey, thank both for your replys! I actually found the 200gb Western
    Digital that was originally in my computer for sale, new for $64.00 +
    tax & s/h!!!! As for the HP System_Sav partition, not needed. The set
    of 7 CD's that restore this computer aren't like most me the one's HP/
    Compact use now or in the past I have found out. Hp tried to sell me
    the 250gb replacement/upgrade to the computer. Said the disk I have
    for system restore will work on any hard drive, as long as the new
    drive meets or exceeds the original specs. The 200gb is the min for
    virtual mem, & room to transfer,expand,and run files/programs. I just
    found this out today, well got conformation. THANK YOU for drive rep
    info! I new most of what you wrote. I managed a Best Buy's 'puter
    department, & Pt Store Manager @ a concept store in Rochester,Mn for
    a while as well as worked in the Tech Depart, also did pretty much
    same thing here in St Louis Metro area in St Peters, Mo before going
    to work as a Lexmark Rep for a while. (IF YOU ARE EVER IN THE AREA,
    TRY TO AVOID THE BEST BUY IN FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS! VERY RUDE/
    UNCARING/NOT PLEASENT, and THEY LIE) I have been out of the 'puter
    industry since 5 or so years now. My grandmother's cancer came back,
    and I had to quit my jobs to take care of here 24/7 while she was on
    hospice. She passed away 11/30/04 @ 51yo. I took care of here from the
    age of 17 till 26yo. I worked for Best Buy, Lexmark, HP, AOL, and
    Microsoft. They of course I worked for 1st & still am a Certified
    Sales Rep for them, well last time I checked. Sorry for that history,
    I sometimes digress when feeling blah. I am sorry. I hope you all are
    having good nights, sweet dreams, & great days tomorrow!! If there is
    any questions about computers programs, 'puter hardware or Microsoft
    software you think I may be able to help you with, don't hesitate to e-
    mail me ! If it is something I am not sure about, have
    a lot of friends left @ Best Buy, MS Corp, AOL Corp, as wel as a few
    other places! :) AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING SO FAR!!! Rodi

    Rilan, Apr 14, 2008
  7. Rilan

    Rilan Guest

    I just wanted to also thank you & say I am sorry for the Dbl
    posting, poorly and/or miss spelled words, as well as the amount of
    time that it takes to reply. Untill I can get atleast one me my
    computers back up, I am writing all of this from my HTC model 3125
    using mostly t9. So again Thank you from the bttm of my heart!
    Sincerly, Rodi
    Littlefield

    Rilan, Apr 14, 2008