    Of course, the MB booklet is silent on beep codes.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dave Thompson, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Dave Thompson

    Steve Guest

    I just did that!

    In my case the beeping was down to the setting on my aerocooler fan. As
    soon as I turned up the RPM it stopped beeping, and all was well. If the
    CPU fan isn't plugged in, you will get beeps!

    It might well "beep" on any other parameters which are out of limits.

    Regards

    Steve

    Steve, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Thanks. I got impatient and took it back to Fry's. They tested it and
    found half the memory traces on the MB were not soldered. New board and the
    machine is running fine.

    Dave Thompson, Jan 24, 2004