  1. I'm looking to replace my Nvidia MX 440 64 MB AGP card (I know, I know,
    please don't get sarcastic). I'm a little strapped for cashed and was
    wondering if there is anything decent available in my price range?

    Episode3WillSuck, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Episode3WillSuck

    Jay Michaels Guest

    I know you said "under" 100 bucks.... but this one is only 6 bucks more.
    I've got this one running in my PC and it works like a charm.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-320&depa=1

    Take a look at the user reviews. Mostly 5 star ratings.

    Jay Michaels, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Here's a list of refurbished Ti4200s at Newegg.com. Good prices
    for a fast card. http://tinyurl.com/27o82

    TMC

    Too_Much_Coffee ®, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Episode3WillSuck

    johns Guest

    Isn't it clocked a bit slow? Have you tried this card
    with Far Cry ? That would be interesting to know.
    I'm looking too. I have a 9200 doing fairly well ..
    3 medium settings in Far Cry, but it sure would be
    nice to get into some of the high settings.

    johns

    johns, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Episode3WillSuck

    Pat Guest

    Actually, I just bought the 128mb version of that same card at
    Newegg.com for $96. Also, shipping was free and no sales tax!

    I think the extra 128mb of ram would be kind of wasted on a 9600, as
    it would likely be a bit slow in apps/games utilizing that extra
    texture memory.

    I don't think you can beat the 128mb version for price/performance.

    Regards,
    Pat

    Pat, Jun 11, 2004