    My question: Will this card work with his Inspiron 2200 that has a
    Celeron processor?

    Ed

    Ed, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Ed

    Tom Scales Guest

    Sure. Centrino is just a stupid marketing buzzword.

    Tom Scales, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Ed

    Jerry Park Guest

    Centrino is just a marketing term. The card will work in the Inspiron 2200.

    Unfortunately, Intel's cards are not a good choice due to driver
    problems which Intel won't fix.

    Suggest you recommend some other card (any other card).

    Jerry Park, Jan 25, 2006
  4. Ed

    Tom Scales Guest

    Keep in mind that this is his opinion. I personally have had excellent
    experience with the Intel card (including the one in the machine on which I
    am typing this).

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jan 25, 2006
  5. The only time I've had trouble with my 2200BG was in Gentoo Linux
    (although it works well in Fedora). In Windows the card works fine, and
    the range is very reasonable surpasses my older 5V Orinoco card.

    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 25, 2006
  6. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Thanks to all for the response. We'll go ahead with the new Intel card,
    then.

    Ed

    Ed, Jan 25, 2006
  7. Ed

    S.Lewis Guest

    The 2915 b/g has worked well for me as well, fwiw......

    S.Lewis, Jan 26, 2006