    "Unsupported wireless network device" and I cannot go any further. The folks
    at HP suggested I update my BIOS but I have been unable to do so. Anyone
    have this problem and/or a fix? Thanks.

    Eliezer Bulka, Nov 1, 2004

  2. with a mini PCI G card but the computer gives me an error on boot up
    Thanks for answering a question I posted here a few days ago :). The
    documentation for several HP models includes the notice that if you
    install a wireless card that is "not approved for use with this laptop",
    you'll get a BIOS error and the machine won't boot. I guess they really
    mean it.

    Seems like you need a _HP_ card.

    PS: If you get the G card working, I'll be interested in buying the B
    card :))

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Nov 1, 2004