    and ease of overclocking

    any help and comments appreciated.

    cheers Antzz

    Antzz, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Antzz

    Top-poster Guest

    The Abit is a great o/c'er and vcore goes higher than the DFI.

    Top-poster, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Antzz

    rms Guest

    Smarter I think to consider the AThlon64 3000+. It's around the same price
    as the XP 3000+ but faster and more forward looking. Either the Asus or
    Abit via chipset boards would be a good choice.

    rms

    rms, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Antzz

    Antzz Guest

    Antzz, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Antzz

    rms Guest

    http://www.overclockers.com/tips00500/

    That is the cpu I suggest getting, as opposed to the AthlonXP 3000+ you
    listed in the original post. The Athlon64 motherboard situation isn't so
    clear, but the asus k8v or the abit kv8-max are both good if you buying
    *right now*.

    rms

    rms, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Antzz

    Neil Guest

    If I was to buy a new system today would get an A64 3000+ and asus k8v
    deluxe kt800 via based board.

    Neil

    Neil, Dec 28, 2003