  1. Patrick Tite

    Patrick Tite Guest

    Any advice or directions on how to do this

    Patrick Tite, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Patrick Tite

    Wes Newell Guest

    Multiplier times FSb = cpu speed.

    Wes Newell, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Patrick Tite

    Patrick Tite Guest

    Wes,

    Do you have any more detailed directions? I'm extremely new to this.

    Thanks in advance

    Patrick Tite, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Patrick Tite

    Wes Newell Guest

    2400+ has a default multiplier of 15 and a default FSB of 133Mhz for a
    speed of 2000MHz default. Change multiplier to 16 and it becomes 2133.
    Chnge multiplier to 13 and FSB to 166MHz and it becomes 2166MHz.
    11x200=2200MHz. If your cpu is multiplier locked, then all you can do is
    raise FSB. If you're looking for an overclocking guide in general, might
    try searching for overclocking guide. There's tons of info on overclocking
    the Athlon. A quick search of overclocking 2400+ got 42,000 hits. The info
    is there, all you have to do is look and read.

    Wes Newell, Jan 16, 2004