newbie probs with ARM7 eb40a eval board (Hitex Tantino)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by henke-claudia, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm doing my first steps with the ARM7 AT91R40008. I'm using the EB40A
    Eval Board by Atmel and the Hitop (with Tantino ARM) environment.
    I tried loading an example application onto the controller, but even
    while opening the project, there were errors (Hiscript error, Code 37),
    something about missing script files.
    When I tried downloading the app onto the controller, I also received
    error messages, presumably because of the same missing script files
    (startup script?).
    I tried erasing the flash, as suggested in the quick start guide by
    hitex, but the procedure returned the following error:

    "The flash algorithm didn't run properly in target. This could happen
    due to the following reasons:
    - the specified RAM space is not accessible.
    - wrong JTAG settings. Load target code.

    After this, I got the tip of using the StartEasy application by Hitex
    to generate an example program. I compiled the example "blinky" and
    opened the project in Hitop. This time, there were no script errors. I
    still can't clear the flash and most confusingly, there are 2 Flash
    Eeproms listed, when I first opened the project. I had to delete the
    lower one (0x00000000-0x011FFFFF) before the download worked. I
    downloaded it, but the best result I got was a slight dimming of the
    chosen LED. It looks like there's something else also triggering the
    LED.

    So, I'm quite idea-less at the moment

    anybody can help?

    thanks a lot