    to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..
    Regards
    rstlne

    rstlne, Jan 31, 2004

  2. rstlne

    Wes Newell Guest

    Check CPUID. it doesn't lie afaik.

    Wes Newell, Feb 1, 2004

  3. I advise you to do what Wes reccomends; get WCPUID because it doesn't lie.

    The Barton cores are higher performance at lower clock rates and have more
    L2 cache IIRC. Applebred cores have way less L2 than Bartons/Tbreds because
    they are intended to compete with Intel's Celeron processor.

    Doug Whitesell, Feb 2, 2004
  4. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    Yea..
    CPUID shows it as a Model 8.. so that says non-barton..
    But that just makes me wonder if these chips (at least in the unpackaged
    form) are still being stored/produced..

    rstlne, Feb 3, 2004