    the popularity and the five star ratings in 40 reviews. This cooler can
    still be bought for $8-$12 elsewhere. The TR2-M2 is now $3 cheaper than
    the M1, but it's noisier.

    Wes Newell, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Wes Newell

    Ben Pope Guest

    ....so buy it elsewhere.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Wes Newell

    johny Guest

    Not everything at newegg is cheaper than other places, thats why you gotta
    shop around. There are things that newegg sells at retail price, other
    things are 25% cheaper. Example: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ boxed, Newegg sells it
    for $185, local retailer sells it for $239.99

    Shop around.

    johny, Jul 6, 2004
  4. every1 does that now days. sell one thing for less, others for more.
    as long as you got a few ppl paying too much, your going to make out.
    And still be able to sell some things for less.
    I know this almost too well....

    Denny. :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Wes Newell

    phsstpok Guest

    They did the same thing right after I purchased the GlacialTech Igloo
    2500 (non-pro) about a year and half ago. One week it's $15 with free
    shipping, the next week $25, after building a long list of glowing
    reviews (mine wasn't one of them).

    GlacialTech seems to have disappeared from the US market in the
    meantime.

    phsstpok, Jul 6, 2004
  6. That's really an odd attitude. Why does NewEgg owe you a good price? Do
    you have a special relationship with them in some way or are you a consumer
    just like the rest of us? It's always "Buyer Beware", and it's no different
    when you are dealing with Newegg than when you buy from anyone else.
    d.

    snip.......

    German News Server, Jul 16, 2004
  7. Wes Newell

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Newegg had themselves established a special position within
    this community, and I think Wes was just pointing out that
    this, regrettably, may no longer be the case. It could be looked
    upon as an announcement that your last sentence above is in full
    effect.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Jul 16, 2004
  8. Wes Newell

    fish Guest

    try www.mwave.com

    fish, Jul 17, 2004
  9. Wes Newell

    rstlne Guest

    Hey wes, they moved it back to 9.99
    :p

    rstlne, Aug 7, 2004
  10. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yep, I noticed that. Maybe it does help to bitch.:)

    Wes Newell, Aug 8, 2004
  11. Wes Newell

    Bill Guest

    You have noticed that they include free shipping when the price
    is high, and charge you shipping when they lower the price?

    The final price is usually about the same in either case but
    you get a chance to pay sales tax on the free shipping difference.

    Wotta deal.

    Bill

    Bill, Aug 8, 2004