    Nooone Guest

    Is newegg.com from egghead.com somehow? I am reading on the net that it is
    from egghead, a new company. But some say no relation at all.

    Nooone, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Nooone

    daytripper Guest

    Egghead went tits-up about a year before Newegg "appeared". They may not have
    a functional relationship with Egghead, but perhaps the ex-staff resurrected
    themselves under a new banner?

    daytripper, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Nooone

    Tom Sadler Guest

    Egghead shut down all of their retail locations and became Newegg. And I
    agree they seem to have gotten it right this time.

    Tom Sadler, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Nooone

    jaeger Guest

    No, they did not. Egghead and Newegg have absolutely nothing to do with
    each other.

    jaeger, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Nooone

    B.Wildered Guest

    Egghead's Mail order/website was concurrent
    years before their retail stores dissappeared.

    In Dec 2000/Jan2001
    their credit/debit card database was hacked.
    Mine was one of them.

    They tried to be quiet and cagey,
    insisting that no-one's info was compromised,
    but I was alerted that an order to them
    for a $2800 system was refused by my card company.
    (a bastardization of my address).

    The subsequent changing of card numbers,
    bank accounts, and legal notifications
    was pure stress.

    I vowed never to use Egghead again,
    as did many others who's info was stolen.

    Shortly after, egghead dissappeared
    and resurfaced under the Amazon Umbrella.

    Imagine my shock when I was
    making my First purchase from Amazon,
    and my OLD credit card number
    popped up in their online database
    after I entered my address in their order page.

    I don't buy anything from Amazon.

    Newegg,
    may or may not have former Egghead employees,
    but their product lines, business facade, OEM offerings,
    customer service, and customer information protections
    are totally different.

    Googlegear, Mwave, and Newegg are the big 3
    for savy computer folk who want the latest and greatest at bare-bones prices
    with efficient delivery and no baloney.

    B.Wildered, Jul 22, 2003