    Does anyone know if the REFURBISHED Sempron 754 processors come with the AMD
    heatsink & fan? Was the quality OK?

    Thanks!

    Guest, Apr 14, 2006

  2. What did newegg say>

    David Maynard, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Guest

    tod Guest

    Unless listed, I would say not.

    tod, Apr 14, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    NewEgg makes no commitment on refurbished items beyond getting the raw item.
    (15 day return policy applies, no restocking fee)
    I've ordered 7 refurbished motherboards from them and 4 times I just got
    only the board in a brown box(Microstar and Asus) and other times I got
    original retail boxes and/or manuals and/or accessories (Biostar, Shuttle,
    Abit). Soltek gave me the whole enchilada.

    I can easily see people returning a perfectly good processor that isn't what
    they expected. Too slow, won't work with motherboard, won't overclock. A 15%
    restocking fee is charged (30 days return on new items) and the item is
    resold by NewEgg. I have no idea if it's tested and fixed first if
    necessary.

    New motherboards fail more often than processors. Lots of one of the new
    Biostar Tforce 939's were faulty and returned.
    I would go for a NewEgg refurbished Sempron if it includes the original
    fan/heatsink

    Thanks

  5. Guest

    beenthere Guest

    How the hell does someone refurbish a CPU ?.

    beenthere, Apr 14, 2006
  6. Guest

    johns Guest

    They don't. NewEgg just takes it back "claimed broke", and
    sells it again.

    johns

    johns, Apr 14, 2006
  7. The one I was looking at was a retail boxed cpu that "being
    refurbished" was going with little or no warranty for a
    rather meager discount.

    A bad deal if you ask me.

    scrooge mcduck, Apr 16, 2006
  8. Guest

    Dave Guest

    That's what I was wondering. It would be cheaper to refab the thing, but
    that would be NEW. -Dave

    Dave, Apr 17, 2006
  9. Guest

    fur what Guest

    Just means someone returned it and NewEgg thinks it works.

    fur what, Apr 20, 2006