Newly Installed 9600XT!!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ron, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Well, just got my 9600XT installed with the Omega drivers. I have to
    confess, I am a new convert from many nVidia cards that I've owned over the
    years. I really do love this card. I just removed my GeForce 4 Ti4200 which
    now gets passed on to my oldest son whose Radeon 9000 Pro now goes on to my
    youngest son and his GF MX400 goes to my young daughter. But I've always
    had the nVidia card. I have to admit, nVidia is going down now and ATI is
    moving up. But one feature I've always liked about the GeForce cards and
    their drivers was the abiltity to increase Color Vibrance via the display
    tab advanced settings. Any of you former nVidi-ites out there know what I'm
    talking about. Is there any way to increase the vibrance of color with
    these ATI cards. While the color looks good, it still looks "washed out"
    compared to the GF cards. Also, I never installed ATI's Catylyst drivers so
    I have no point of reference to compare these Omega drivers, but they really
    seem to work well. How do I use the 3D Prof app? Is there anyway to
    determine just what the chip clock is supposed to be and what I can oc it
    to? How bout the RAM? I thought this was supposed to get the RAM to 600 but
    the 3D Prof won't let me go beyond 400MHz. Is this the 300x2 thingy? And if
    I set the RAM clock to 400, I'm actually trying to push it to 800MHz total?
    Is there a FAQ anywhere that can tell me what are the edge of the envelope
    settings? Is there a program that can read exactly what specs your card is
    running at for both core and memory? The old nVidia NG board was very
    helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to sharing info within
    this NG as well. TIA,

    Ron

    Ron, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Ron

    dino Guest

    remember it is DDR...so multiply the figure by 2 and that will tell you what
    it is at...did you get the Omegas to go in with the softmod?..if so which
    ones?And yes the Omegas are "cleaner" the the stock ATI Cats...my only issue
    is Mohha crashes now..but that is ever since I switched from my Ti4200 . (I
    tried an FX5600-256)

    Try AIDA32
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    it is listed under display..GPU

    dino, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    I just executed the Omega driver download. How can I tell if I have the
    softmod enabled? Besides, I thought I read that was for 9800s and 9500s
    only. What's this AIDA32 stuff?

    Ron

    Ron, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Ron

    dino Guest

    AIDA32 is a sytem utility which will give you more information about your
    system than you will ever need to know..in the Omegas it showed the middle
    set of drivers as 9500-9700...I tried them but they didn't install properly
    and registered my XT as a conflict..so I installed the first set of drivers

    dino, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Ron

    Pluvious Guest

    ||Well, just got my 9600XT installed with the Omega drivers.
    || But one feature I've always liked about the GeForce cards and
    ||their drivers was the abiltity to increase Color Vibrance via the display
    ||tab advanced settings. Any of you former nVidi-ites out there know what I'm
    ||talking about. Is there any way to increase the vibrance of color with
    ||these ATI cards. While the color looks good, it still looks "washed out"
    ||compared to the GF cards.
    ||Ron

    Yes .. The DV with Nvidia was quite the awesome feature. It took me
    weeks to get over the washed out almost 'black and white' look of not
    having it when I switched to my ATI 9700 PRO. Here's a link to a 70
    reply post that deals with this issue. http://tinyurl.com/2xxff
    The Omega driver creater also weighs in at one point. It gets a
    little heated because some people didn't think DV is all that great.

    You might want to try a little free program called 3Deep
    (http://www.colorific.com) that has a wizard that allows you to tune
    your colors on the monitor. I've been able to tweak it and get
    somewhat the same results as DV.. but its certainly not the same.

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Jan 31, 2004