    lower pricetags (in America anyway, maybe not everywhere else).

    There are also reportedly some of the older 2013 (and even 2012) models
    on Apple's Refurbished store.

    Your Name, May 1, 2014

  2. Your Name

    Alan Browne Guest

    I may be in the market for an MBA soon and I'd go for an Apple refurb.
    But the available models at this time aren't exactly what I want (13",
    i5, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM). I might opt for an i7, but the other
    parameters have to stick.

    Alan Browne, May 1, 2014

  3. Your Name

    Lewis Guest

    You can put an i7 in a Mac Book Air.

    A $1450 13 Air (8GB/256/i7) Is pretty tempting.

    Lewis, May 2, 2014
  4. Your Name

    Alan Browne Guest

    That's why I said above I might opt for one. But it would overkill for
    that need. (Travel, spreadsheets, word, presentations, e-mail, etc.).
    No "heavy lifting". (Too bad the i5 in the MBA is not the hyper
    threading version - that would strike the right balances).

    Alan Browne, May 2, 2014