    Thanks!

    Kind regards,

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Hasj Pee

    Martin Pick Guest

    "Hasj Pee" <hasjpee*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:41987502$0$9734$...
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
    > arrive.
    > The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's
    > yet.
    > My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the
    > Sempron series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older
    > CPU (Athlon XP or something like that) for the flash?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Hasj Pee

    The sempron will work but you will have to manually set the FSB to 333MHz,
    they are multiplier locked so don`t worry about that. you can then update
    the bios to show it as a sempron. Bios 26 I think we`re up to now. Make sure
    you get the right bios as the NF-7 comes in 2 revisions. I think all new
    NF-7`s are rev.2 anyway but check on the abit website that you`ve got the
    right one :)

    Martin Pick, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee Guest

    "Martin Pick" <> schreef in bericht

    > "Hasj Pee" <hasjpee*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
    >> arrive.
    >> The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's
    >> yet.
    >> My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the
    >> Sempron series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older
    >> CPU (Athlon XP or something like that) for the flash?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> Hasj Pee
    >>

    > The sempron will work but you will have to manually set the FSB to 333MHz,
    > they are multiplier locked so don`t worry about that. you can then update
    > the bios to show it as a sempron. Bios 26 I think we`re up to now. Make
    > sure you get the right bios as the NF-7 comes in 2 revisions. I think all
    > new NF-7`s are rev.2 anyway but check on the abit website that you`ve got
    > the right one :)

    Ok, thank you very much!!!

    I have the revision 2.0

    Kind regards,

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Hasj Pee

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:21:22 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:

    > I have received my NF-7 motherboard and next week my 2400+ Sempron will
    > arrive.

    Cancel the Sempron order if you can and get an Athlon XP. See Sempron in
    link in sig line for reason.

    > The bios on my NF-7 is older, so it does not support the Sempron CPU's
    > yet. My question is: can I update to the latest bios (which supports the
    > Sempron series) with my 2400+ Sempron in the NF-7? Or do I need an older
    > CPU (Athlon XP or something like that) for the flash?

    Socket A Semprons aren't new cores, they're just old XP's and should be
    reported as such by an older bios. You really need to read about Semprons
    in link below. The Sempron 2400+ is really a 2000+ XP.

    Wes Newell, Nov 15, 2004