NF520-A2 TE operating system selection problems

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by Shiftdude22, May 11, 2013.

  1. Shiftdude22

    Shiftdude22

    Joined:
    May 11, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Forum:

    One of my 2 PCs has a used NF520-A2 TE M/B which I bought last winter. I then noticed that it had some cold boot issues but always booted OK a few minutes after I turned on the PC and after turning the machine off a few times. Obviously, no such problems now that it's warm outside! :)

    Yesterday I installed Linux Mint Cinnamon alongside Win XP. But the operating system selection won't allow me to switch between Linux and XP, that is it won't respond to my keyboard commands (always causing Linux to load). The same goes for the BIOS, meaning that I can access the BIOS menu but can't make any setting changes :(.

    Is this potentially a hardware or a software problem?

    Any help is greatly appreciated :).

    Many thanks.

    Shiftdude22

    Shiftdude22, May 11, 2013