    or did someone just not update the specks for the new version of the board?
    Any differences in overclocking features?

    TIA..

    The TweakOholic, Nov 10, 2003

  2. The TweakOholic

    John Russell Guest

    Only the nf7-s has the southbridge with integrated Nvidia Soundstorm APU.
    The nf7 use the the realtec ac97 codec for all it's sound fucntions.
    You might also consider the new an7 which uses the latest southbridge with
    integrated gigabit lan and sata 150 controller.

    John Russell, Nov 10, 2003

  3. The TweakOholic

    Tvrtko Guest

    I believe that v2.0 means that it works with 400FSB

    I'm not sure though.

    Tvrtko, Nov 10, 2003
  4. The TweakOholic

    JK Guest

    The S version has sata and better sound.

    For both it has to be the 2.0 version for having nvidia400 chipset.

    There are some M versions with integrated graphics. They are an older
    chipset with igp and not specified for more than fsb333.

    I have the NF7 myself. Surely it runs much more than fsb200 (DDR400).

    best regards

    John

    JK, Nov 10, 2003
  5. The TweakOholic

    melon Guest

    What's the difference between the two boards aside from SATA? Their
    website
    Aside from SATA: NF7-S provides you with Firewire, and better Sound Card
    (NVidia Soundstorm). I think, that NF7 v2.0 should be able to work at 200MHz
    FSB. My NF7 v2.0 runs at 185 MHz FSB at default chipset voltage, rock stable
    24/7.

    melon, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Thanks for the info. guys. Much appreciated! I believe I'll be getting the
    NF7 because I have no use for SATA, sound ( I'll be using my SB16 ) or GBit
    LAN.

    The TweakOholic, Nov 10, 2003
  7. The TweakOholic

    Skid Guest

    It's a fine board, and a good value. Before you order, consider how long you
    plan to keep the system and your upgrade path.

    The price difference isn't steep. The onboard sound is MUCH better than an
    SB 16, and SATA has its advantages. If you think you might add or replace a
    drive, SATA is much faster, and even if you're going to stick with what you
    have for a good while, an IDE drive with Serillel adapter will run as fast
    or a little faster on the SATA controller while keeping your PCI overhead
    lower and the IDE controller free for CDs and burners.

    All this is to say that the NF7-S has some advantages now and is a bit more
    future-proof.

    Skid, Nov 10, 2003
  8. The nf7 uses a Realtec codec? There's no mention of this on the Abit
    websight - both the nf7 and nf7-s specifications say '6-Channel AC 97
    CODEC on board'.

    Does the nVidia MCP even have an APU? Or only the MCP-T?

    A. Buratynski, Nov 11, 2003
  9. The TweakOholic

    John Russell Guest

    Correct, only the MCP-T has the soundstorm APU. Even then it only handles
    digital audio and relies on the same Realtec codec as the NF7 for DAC and
    other analog audio functions.

    Makes you think if the the "s" in nf7-s is for Sata or Soundstorm!

    John Russell, Nov 11, 2003