    riser (next to the RTL8201BL chip) that I can't find any documentation on.

    Any thoughts on troubleshooting this? Everything else appears to start up
    fine at boot.

    EFudd, Dec 1, 2003

  2. EFudd

    John Guest

    There is no setting for onboard video, it's automatically disabled by
    inserting an AGP card.

    As for undocumented jumpers:

    The KBPWR1 jumper near the PS/2 keyboard is to switch the PS/2
    keyboard/mouse power.

    1-2 (default): PS/2 keyboard/mouse uses 5V dual power. When the system is
    off, optical mouse LED keeps light, and wake-up by keyboard/mouse function
    enabled.
    2-3: PS/2 keyboard/mouse uses VCC power. When the system is off, optical
    mouse LED goes out, but wake-up by keyboard/mouse function disabled.

    As for the unlabeled jumper near the LAN/USB ports, it is to switch the USB
    power.

    1-2 (default): USB device uses 5V dual power. When the system is off,
    optical mouse LED keeps light, and wake-up by keyboard/mouse function
    enabled.
    2-3: USB device uses VCC power. When the system is off, optical mouse LED
    goes out, but wake-up by keyboard/mouse function disabled..

    Do you have video at the DOS/BIOS level?
    That would indicate a Windows driver issue. Try reloading in Safe mode.

    Or no video at all?
    Possible onboard video or motherboard grounding problem.
    Try it with the motherboard out of the case, and completely isolated from
    it.
    I use a bunch of magazines to set under the motherboard to isolate it.
    If it works then, the motherboard is probably good. Reinstall it carefully.
    If it won't work out of the case (on two different monitors), it's time to
    call Abit support.

    John

    John, Dec 1, 2003

  3. EFudd

    IC Guest

    An easy mistake to make is to connect the monitor to the COM1 port, rather
    than the VGA port. Just something to double check.

    IC, Dec 1, 2003