    1. Can these be installed on my mobo?
    2. Can I use them with my existing 512MB (1 stick) of RAM

    TIA, Phil

    PhilB, Aug 11, 2006

  2. PhilB

    Wes Newell Guest

    No and no.

    Wes Newell, Aug 11, 2006

  3. PhilB

    Cuzman Guest

    PhilB wrote:

    " I've just been given 2 x 512MB memory - hynix 1Rx8 PC2-4200E-444-12.
    1. Can these be installed on my mobo? 2. Can I use them with my
    existing 512MB (1 stick) of RAM "

    Your NF7-S takes DDR (now often referred to as DDR1). The memory you
    have been given is DDR2, and is both physically and architecturally
    incompatible with your motherboard.

    Unless you plan on upgrading your motherboard, CPU and possibly your
    power supply as well to accomodate this DDR2 in the near future, you
    would be better off selling the RAM.

    Cuzman, Aug 11, 2006