    some special procedure that may work. I may put together a gateway
    machine and pop the Teleman card into that if I have to ...

    cheers, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Peter Huebner

    Morgan Guest

    I do know that I have got the sound to work with no problem at all under
    Windows 98SE and that motherboard. It was perfect and worked great. Not sure
    if you mean the SE version of 98 or not but that is what I used.
    I have not got a special procedure for you as I do not have a Teleman card,
    if indeed that is your problem.

    Best of luck and just out of curiosity why would you prefer Win98SE over XP.

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jan 20, 2004

  3. I have two reasons.

    1 - less security exploits: no worms etc in Win98. I have xp as tight as
    I can get it (used two online scanners who were unable to break in) yet
    somebody managed to get a w32 blaster through just two days ago.

    2 - The machine is my mail server. If I have the mail on a shared mail
    directory and get Pegasus to pick up mail from there, the XP networking
    crashes like a house of cards after Pegasus tries to send mail. This is
    a major pain in the arse for me (although I have now worked around it by
    using a pop server here and having local Pegasus installs on the client
    machines - but still, that means you can no longer access all mailboxes
    from all machines). <mutter, grumble>

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jan 20, 2004
  4. Peter Huebner

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Peter,

    What firewall are you using?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

    < snip >

    - HAL9000, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Sygate Personal Firewall Pro v.5.nnn

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Peter Huebner

    Wblane Guest

    Personally, I use Morpheus' or Mwar's remixes (he takes XP drivers and wraps
    them so they work in 98/ME). They work for me. I've got an NF7-S v2.0.

    Wblane, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Peter Huebner

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Would it be safe to say that it failed to perform as a firewall? Or,
    could it have been turned off at some point or something?

    - HAL9000, Jan 22, 2004