  1. iov

    iov Guest

    it does not fit, am I doing something wrong?

    iov, Jun 25, 2004

  2. iov

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Well it does fi do youhave a NF7-S or a NF7 2.0 ?

    NF7-S has no mounting holes so it wont fir 2.0 has holes but you need
    to cut the clip and push some capacitors out of the way tight fit but
    should fit well thats what i have read :)

    Let me know the board you have.

    Iam getting the 2.0 and have a Zalman 7000a already hoping to put it
    on the board :) hoping !!!, anyway i have a Vantec AeroFlow as a
    backup if it should faiil.

    Maybe the Dremel be with you.

    Scott Backular, Jun 25, 2004
  4. iov

    iov Guest

    Just got NF7-S v2.0, zalman 7000 there is no way it will fit, if i would
    check befor buying this board, would get asus, I love this fan.

    iov, Jun 25, 2004
  5. iov

    JK Guest

    If you have a version 2.0 motherboard with the 4 holes then:

    - the 7000A is fixed to the 2 standers mounted in the 4 holes by a
    long metal pin. You have to use a saw and cut the unneccasary part of
    this pen, because else it will take the space from one of the
    capacitors of the motherboard.

    The pin looks like this:

    The leftmost hole is not used. Cut on left side of second hole.

    It is fairly easy for handyman. Well done it takes max. half an hour.
    You have better do some check before you cut.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Jun 25, 2004