    expensive for this simple fix and I hoped I could just get something
    to plug into those weird sockets on the board.

    tia

    Hulot, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Hulot

    Shonk Guest

    media xp

    i baught one the other day

    the remote control is crap though i warn u

    but i didnt buy it for that

    Shonk, Jul 25, 2004

  3. Hulot

    hulot Guest

    Thanks.

    hulot, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Hulot

    Bob Troll Guest

    At Newegg.com I bought a Koutech item # 17-111-603 (newegg stock number)
    adapter gimmick that fits into an empty floppy drive bay about a month ago.
    It works quite well for me. It is a USB2.0 and 1394 hub and cost me $11.50
    shipped. Today the price is at $12.00 shipped.

    Get out your manual and check the wiring as each wire from this device is
    seperate and you will need to hook them up properly.

    Here is the way newegg lists it in the network hubs area:

    Koutech FireWire/1394 & USB 2.0 Combo Internal Front Bay Connector Module,
    Model F7771 - Retail

    Regards, Bob "hopelessly insane machine warrior" Troll

    Bob Troll, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Hulot

    Robrecht Guest

    I have bought it a while ago ... are you able to read memory cards using the
    media xp

    greetz

    Robrecht, Jul 27, 2004
  6. Hulot