    I don't want to send it back, but I would like
    everything to work. Thank you for your replies.
    -Ed

    Edgar Brocke, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Edgar Brocke

    Morgan Guest

    As soon as you have pressed the power switch on your PC the Northbridge fan
    should be on and stay on all of the time. It is not heat dependant.

    You could get a replacement fan for it but it is under guarantee. Equally I
    do appreciate your dilemma when everything else seems to be fine. But I
    would not run it without the fan working.

    I bought a Orb Northbridge fan second hand and that works fine on one
    motherboard.

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Edgar Brocke

    Edgar Brocke Guest

    Thank you, Morgan. I thought about just ordering a new fan/hs for it,
    but I think I better make sure the problem is not the motherboard
    itself first.

    Edgar Brocke, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Edgar Brocke

    Craig Guest

    Of course you checked the fan connector at the mobo?

    Craig, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Edgar Brocke

    Chip Guest

    Does the board work OK apart from the fan? i.e. can you load windows etc?
    If you can, I would just replace the northbridge hs/fan with a Zalman hs. I
    did this anyway.

    But the northbridge doesn't produce much heat actually anyway. Running it
    with a broken fan is probably not as bad as you might think. If you want to
    mod the board to do 2.0V then of course its a problem. But many people
    (including me) actually find that I can get the best overclocks with a
    *lower* than stock voltage!!! 1.5v seems to run better than 1.6v stock.

    So either replace the HS/fan with a Zalman, or just try it without the fan
    at all and see how you get on.

    Chip.

    Chip, Jan 17, 2004