    fan-header by drawing too much power from it. . .?

    Any feedback. . .thanks allot,

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Wayne Youngman

    TomG Guest

    why not power them from the hard drive leads and if you want RPM feedback,
    run the RPM lead back to the mobo header? two fans on one header sounds a
    little risky to me but Abit has heavied up the fan runs of late.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Wayne Youngman

    Clive Guest

    Shouldn't have any problems as those fans arent "high performance" fan
    which suck a lot of juice. Its not a case of "shorting" a header out
    but burning them out, however motherboard manufacturers have
    considerably beefed up the rating of the fanheaders compared to what
    they used to be.

    And yes you will only get a RPM reading from the fan with the 3 wires
    attached.

    Clive, Sep 8, 2003

  4. "Clive" wrote

    Hi chaps,
    thanks for replies. I am currently running the two intake fans via the
    Molex adapters, these are attached to the hard disks. Doing it this way
    means I have an extra bulk of wires (2 x Molex adapters) in my already wire
    filled case, also I get no rpm readings. I'm not sure how to go about
    *modding* the existing cable in order for me to attach it to the mobo
    header, but good suggestion!

    As I said the fans are fairly good coolermaster blue LED 80mms, seem pretty
    quiet to me. I wanted to just neatly connect them to this *skinny* splitter
    thing, but now you guys have confirmed a suspicion I had about *burning* the
    header out! hmmmm. . . . .but as Clive pointed out there are not
    *performance* fans. . . .

    I'll get back to you on this I need to double check a few things,

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Sep 8, 2003
  5. You can get an adapter here that will let you connect the yellow wire to the
    mobo. http://tinyurl.com/kdq0

    Too_Much_Coffee ®

    ---
    Got GigaNews?