    Please help me.

    Other info on my system: bios 1.9 (updated yesterday w/o any sensible
    improvement); cpu Xp 2,5+ barton; 2*256 pc2700 ddr.

    quelo, Oct 20, 2003

  2. quelo

    chris Guest

    I thought the 2.45's didnt include an ide driver? I installed the earlier
    ones first, then the 2.45's over the top, no probs here

    NF7-S, XP2600+, 2x256 OCZcl2, xphome +sp1, LG 48x16x48x cdrw

    chris, Oct 20, 2003

  3. quelo

    Mark H Guest

    There is, but it only installs on winxp not win2k

    Mark H, Oct 21, 2003
  4. quelo

    Mark H Guest

    Unfortunately, there may be no good answer here. My plextor doesnt
    freeze the mouse, so I'd check Aopen for either a firmware or software
    update.

    Mark H, Oct 21, 2003
  5. If you are using Windows drivers try running Nero with DMA transfers disabled.

    Sheldon Roger, Oct 22, 2003
  6. quelo

    Wblane Guest

    My HP 9700 CD/RW won't even function on my NF7-S, works fine on my old KT133e
    based board though. Any time I tried to even access the HP 9700 CD/RW the whole
    system would lock hard.

    Wblane, Oct 23, 2003
  7. quelo

    Skid Guest

    Does device manager ID it properly? You might want to delete it and let
    Windows redetect.

    Also test it with a different cable as master on a separate IDE channel.

    Skid, Oct 23, 2003
  8. quelo

    Wblane Guest

    Skid, in the CDROM tab of device manager (win98SE) it correctly ID's the CDROM
    (as does the BIOS on bootup). The HP 9700 CD/RW was configured as master on the
    secondary IDE channel.

    I'm now beginning to wonder if the
    NF7-S v2.0 really does lock the PCI bus at 33Mhz, because I had some strange
    problems w/my WD 250GB drive that were cured by putting it on the Promise TX100
    PCI controller it comes with.

    I wonder if it would be best to put each hard drive (the WD 250 GB and the
    Maxtor 20GB) on separate channels on the Promise TX100 PCI controller or keep
    them in master/slave setup?

    Wblane, Oct 27, 2003