    only running at UDMA5 (hence poor performance). Can't see anyway of
    adjusting this in either BIOS or Windows XP up to full ATA150 (UDMA6?)
    speed.

    Grant Holman, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Grant Holman

    John Russell Guest

    The maxtor drives have problems with the sata controller and the sata bios
    was modded to reduce the max setting. ATA150 is a nonsense with a PCI based
    controller anyway. That's why the latest southbridges integrate the SATA
    function.

    John Russell, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Grant Holman

    BUFF Guest

    ATA133 is UDMA6

    Doesn't really matter as mechanically 7200rpm drives can't give you that
    anyway - if you are lucky you will get just over 100 burst.
    Oh, & Sandra is suspect - try HDTach.

    BUFF, Nov 11, 2003