NF7-S - SATA RAID 0 - TV Cards - Does it eat all PCI Bus bandwidth?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Wayne Youngman, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    been spending a day or two playing around with my new external USB 2.0 DVB-T
    (Digital TV/Freeview). Been having some issues with the USB2.0 but I made a
    separate post about those.

    What I would like to ask is, if anyone who is using SATA RAID-0 has had any
    problems with their PCI periphs?. I was originally gonna buy a *PCI* DVB-T
    card but I was worried that my SATA RAID-0 was gonna hamper it. I'm aware
    that the SATA implementation on the NF7-S is attached to the PCI, which is
    limited to 133MB/s data transfer. I have seen my disk system eat up at
    least 109MB/s of this.

    I do remember some guys here posting he was having problems with his TV card
    and SATA RAID-0?

    One thing to point out is DVB-T is a pure digital transmission (MPEG2) so it
    eats up allot less bandwidth than say a regular TV card.

    I may be worrying about nothing :p

    Thanks for any feedback,
    --
    Wayne ][

    Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.775vCore
    CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
    ABIT NF7-S v2.0 (BIOS d20)
    512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (2.0,3,3,9 - 2.8v)
    Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung (325/290 Default)
    WD-SE 240GB (2x120GB) SATA RAID-0 (NTFS - 16k Stripe)
    Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
    2 x CoolerMaster 80mm Blue Neon Fans
    WinXP PRO inc. SP1
    nVidia Unified v3.13
    Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b

    Wayne Youngman, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Wayne Youngman

    xman Charlie Guest

    Using at7max mb with one sata for video capture, winfast pro deluxe, pci
    capture card. I do not notice any slowdowns.

    The intel sata doesn't use pci bandwitdth, according to my other abit ic7g
    and ic7 max3...manuals info...

    my 2 cents

    xman Charlie, Jan 20, 2004