NF7-S v2 SATA Raid 1 error

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Steve, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    NF7-S v2

    Problem 1

    Zero fill two Seagate sata drives. Both check fine.

    Load XP_Pro w/ SP2 on first SATA drive and install goes fine.

    Go into 3112A SATA controller either through java interface or SATA Bios (F4
    or Ctrl-S on boot). Establish a mirror, either manually or automatically.

    XP reads "A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

    Break the mirror and it will boot fine. Restore the mirror it gives the same
    error. Break the mirror and it will boot fine.

    I have an identical computer that I used XP-w/ no SP and it installed fine.
    Gotta use the SP2 version as keycode for registration is for that CD. Any
    ideas?

    Problem 2

    Same as above but add an IDE drive into the mix. It will always detect as a
    higher priority drive regardless of where I set the bios boot settings. In
    otherwords, the IDE chain always sees IDE 0 -drive 0 as C:\, which means it
    must carry boot data on it, thus defeating the whole idea of a SATA raid 1
    boot array in case one drive fails.

    I plan to visit my class action attorney in San Francisco if these problems
    can't be resolved. Between Silicon Image, Abit, MS and Seagate, I am sure
    these people can find a solution if they are motivated to.

    Steve

    Steve, Sep 26, 2006

  2. I am using SATA Raid 0 on my NF7-S v2 with Windows XP Prof SP2 and no
    problem. I am using the latest SI SATA Raid BIOS and the latest Windows XP
    drivers for the SI 3112A. What BIOS and drivers are you using?

    Mike Bernstein

    Mike Bernstein, Sep 27, 2006