NF7-S v2 Silicon Image 3112a SATA Drivers: How do I tell "Latest" version?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Joe, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Though I have had my NF7-S v2 for about a year but, having two 40gig WD HDs
    but no SATA drives, I have not had occasion to mess with the Silicon Image
    3112a SATA controler. I just got hold of a second Serillel2 controler and
    have been working up the ambition to try a RAID setup on the SATA.

    The SATA driver floppy that came with the board has driver version 1.30.
    Wanting as always to have the latest drivers I went here:

    http://12.24.47.40/display/2/index....512Q04X5i0UupP4SveI6dt2WJi7&cid=2&r=0.8639795

    The first thing I noted was that there were no version numbers on any of the
    drivers. The only indication of age was a "modified" date. Downloading and
    looking in the files I saw no indication of version or date of the drivers
    anywhere. Neither was there a "readme" with a list of what was fixed/changed
    in "this version" (whatever that was) of the driver. For as many different
    drivers for as many different devices as I have downloaded and updated over
    the years I have never run into anything quite like this.

    Am I missing something here? Are there different versions of SI 3112a SATA
    drivers? If yes, where is the version number listed and how do I know I have
    the "latest" driver.

    Any help appreciated.

    Joe, Feb 8, 2005

  2. The version number is given in the file name i.e. 10051 (or 5.1 if you
    like). Also, a list of changes are given at the bottom of the middle frame.
    In addition, it is advisable to have the latest SATA BIOS (4.2.50), which
    you will have if you have the latest Abit BIOS (2.7).

    Mike Bernstein, Feb 9, 2005