    question 2) does using the RAID 0 setup really speed up the performance of
    the machine? more so than getting a faster chip?

    thanks alot inadvance

    Louis Tigerman, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Louis Tigerman

    BigBadger Guest

    Why not try 400FSB with your XP2200+???
    I'm assuming the cpu is at least a few months old (pre week 39) and
    therefore unlocked. All you need do is go into the bios, set the FSB to
    200MHz, set the multiplier to 10 (as a conservative starting point) and set
    the CPU/DRAM clock ratio as equal (e.g.. 6/6).
    That will give you a 400DDR FSB and 2000MHz clock speed...it should run that
    at default voltage. You may well be able to increase the FSB and/or
    multiplier to give you a higher clock speed still, this may need more volts
    though.

    BigBadger, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Louis Tigerman

    Top-poster Guest

    2500+'s o/c aswell as 3200+'s - save the money, do the clock.

    Top-poster, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Louis Tigerman

    BigBadger Guest

    Err....Not all XP2500+'s overclock to the same speed as an XP3200+ would.
    Many XP2500+'s need voltage increasing just to run at the speed an XP3200+
    runs at by default (i.e.. 2.2GHz).
    Having said that...bang for buck the XP2500+ is the way to go, but best bet
    would be to see what he could get out of the XP2200+ he already has.

    BigBadger, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Louis Tigerman

    Chip Guest

    I agree. The only thing *guaranteed* about a 3200+ is that it will do
    2200MHz at "only" 1.65v. Whereas you *may* need a little more volts to get
    a 2500+ to do that speed. (You may not though.)

    I (foolishly?) bought a 3200+ hoping I would get more out of it than a 2500+
    Luckily I got it real cheap. But its turned out to be a complete dud. It
    will do mid 2300's OK, but that's it. I can't get it stable at 2400MHz or
    more even at 1.85v, and I have tried in 2 boards, an Abit nf7-s and a DFI
    Ultra Infinity - both really excellent overclocking boards. But this chip
    just won't play. And I have also tried really loose memory timings and I
    have a really good (and expensive!) 500w PSU. Nope, this chip hits the wall
    at 23xxMHz

    I am fairly sure I could have got a 2500+ to go just as far. Hell, buy 2
    and see which one's best! Its still cheaper than buying a 3200+ !

    Chip.

    Chip, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Louis Tigerman

    Wblane Guest

    Same here, but I bought a 2800+ Barton. The only way I can get to 23xx is at
    2.1 V Vcore.

    Wblane, Feb 13, 2004