    Res Guest

    Is the fan on the NF7-Sv2 motherboard fan noisy? Whats it dB rating?

    TIA

    Res, Sep 8, 2004

  2. 123db.

    Just replace it with a Zalman Passive heatsink like many and i have
    done :)

    Not that noisy, just high pitched like all small fans, on northbridges
    and vid cards ect get rid of em i say :)

    HELLO NURSE.

    Orbital Defence, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Res

    Res Guest

    Got one (or something very similar from an old Quiet Kit I bought mainly for
    the Power Supply) but does it affect overclocking potential of the NF7-Sv2?

    TIA

    Res, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Res

    Larry Gagnon Guest

    Mine is not noisy and it is the stock fan. Some have had noise problems
    with it, but I would not expect that to be the norm. You can replace it if
    you find it is. If that is your criteria for choosing a mother board then
    you might be getting a little pedantic???

    Larry Gagnon, A+ certified tech.

    Larry Gagnon, Sep 8, 2004
  5. Res

    Res Guest

    Noise levels are important to me so it is am important factor on choosing my
    motherboard. I just want to be prepared. If the fan needs removing and a
    heatsink adding instead that is fine.

    I have been reading http://www.lvcoyote.com/ and they recommended testing
    the motherboard outside the case. I understand this apart from how you
    would get the motherboard to switch on (i.e. the switch is on the case)?
    Can anyone help?

    Cheers

    Res, Sep 8, 2004
  6. Res

    Leon Rowell Guest

    Temporarily short the two pins on the motherboard that the case switch
    connect to.

    Leon Rowell

    Leon Rowell, Sep 8, 2004
  7. UMM no iam overclokcing my Barton Mobile 2500 from 1800 ghz i think to
    2.5ghz :)

    12.5X200 2.5ghz, Dual Channel, 1 gig of pc3200, with the passive
    Zalman heatsink, i will see how good my cooling is when summer comes
    arround in Australia, which is spring now here, my cpu is still 39c
    idle now, but all fans execpt cpu at 7volts so i have some cooling
    power in reserve if needed.

    A few more fans in the case i will be getting one side 120mm and one
    top 120mm for summer :)

    Hope this helps.

    HELLO NURSE.

    Orbital Defence, Sep 9, 2004
  8. Res

    Memnoch Guest

    Or at least consider buying a motherboard which does not have additional parts
    which can fail over time.

    Memnoch, Sep 11, 2004