    Or am I out of luck and have to simply replace the the 2 256MB modules with
    2 512MB modules in order to retain the dual channel performance? Any
    thoughts?

    Lankshire, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Lankshire

    borolad Guest

    Generally, just get a 512 stick of the same Geil PC3200 CL2, and run
    the GiG at the same settings as you have managed on the 2x256.

    What MOBO do you have ?

    BoroLad

    borolad, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Lankshire

    Lankshire Guest

    It's an Abit NF7 v.2. What would be the best arrangement? The 2 256MB
    modules in DIMM1 and DIMM2 and the 512MB in DIMM3?

    Lankshire, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Lankshire

    borolad Guest

    Just leave as it is, put the new 512 in the spare slot, it will just
    work, promise !

    What BIOS you on ?

    BoroLad

    borolad, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Lankshire

    BUFF Guest

    yes, that way you will balance the load on the memory controllers (slot 1 &
    2 are on one & 3 is on the other).

    BUFF, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Lankshire

    ICee Guest

    Yes, that is exactly how to install the memory, since one channel of the
    dual channel controller is DIMM slots 1&2, and the other is slot 3.

    ICee, Apr 17, 2004