    .... and windows XP also show Sempron 1500 !!
    why?? i already updated to lastest Bios.....
    thank...

    TORN, Jan 8, 2005

  2. TORN

    Wes Newell Guest

    It doesn't matter what it shows as long as it's running at the proper
    speed. the name is just cosmetics. Just a bios miscalculation. Annoying,
    but of no performance concern. The one below shows Unknown Processor
    @2400MHz. I'd be trying to set the FSB as high as you can to get more
    speed out of the Sempron if I were you. Then it'll show something else.
    It's way underclocked at default. See Sempron in link below.

    Wes Newell, Jan 9, 2005