    Kingston Hypex. When I added a third DIMM (PDP Patriot Systems Extreme
    Performance Low Latency 1GB) and put them all in dual channel I can barely
    reach 205Mhz w/the stock or modded (Manta Rays) BIOS at max Vdimm. Sucks.

    Doug, Jul 14, 2005

  2. That is exactly what to expect.
    Use more DIMM's, and overclocking limit goes down.

    Jens C. Hansen, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Did you manage to get 200MHz with your 2.0GB 3 dimms? I'm considering
    increasing my memory and I currently have 2x512MB running at 200Mhz.
    I do not want to be reduced to 166MHz.

    Ak

    Alfred Kaufmann, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Actually, I managed to get a stable, dual-channel config with two, 512MB,
    Kingston Hyperx DIMMs in one channel and the Patriot Extreme Performance low
    latency 1GB in the other channel. I managed to overclock my memory bus to
    205Mhz (or 204 Mhz depending on which utility you beleive, LOL) @ 2-3-2-11.
    I guess I should be happy. The 2nd GB made a noticeable difference in two
    games: BF2 and Yuri's Revenge (an old Westwood RTS). It also broke my 98SE
    and required a fix in system.ini to limit the amount of memory 98SE uses to
    a little over 1.5GB.

    Doug, Jul 16, 2005
  5. Doug

    Doug Guest

    I ended up having to back my overclock off even more to 204Mhz. The only
    game that isn't stable is BF2 and that might not be because of my system,
    but just a buggy game.

    Doug, Jul 18, 2005