NF7S-v2 - Sound only coming out of one speaker

Discussion in 'Abit' started by ?uzzled, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. ?uzzled

    ?uzzled Guest

    I've got a NF7S-v2. I'm only getting sound out of the right speaker. Thought
    my left speaker was busted, but plugged in a pair of headphones and get the
    same thing. Have tried every combination of speaker setup in the Nvidia
    control panel and the speaker output level lights show both channels
    playing. But when I press the 'Test tone' button, all I get is the lady
    saying "Right". I've plugged the speakers and headphones (both only have
    single jack) into every output hole but only seem to get sound out of the
    green hole.

    I've tried updating the BIOS to 23 but still no good. I can get sound out of
    both speakers by plugging the jack half way in but it only plays in mono
    i.e. only the "Right" announcement can be heard when I click the 'Test tone'
    button, and there is a lot of background/interference/white noise.

    Any ideas on this please as I would love to hear the soundstorm in stereo ?

    Many thanks on any light on this.

    ?uzzled, Apr 21, 2004

  2. ?uzzled

    F r e e Guest

    check profoundly your cables, it did wonders to me!!!!!!!

    F r e e, Apr 21, 2004

  3. ?uzzled

    ?uzzled Guest

    The speakers and headphones work on another computer. I can plug the
    headphones into my Nicam Stereo TV and get sound to both ears as well.

    Thanks

    ?uzzled, Apr 22, 2004
  4. ?uzzled

    rms Guest

    rms, Apr 22, 2004
  5. ?uzzled

    GargoyleBG Guest

    ne1 knows how to swap left and right channels, I can't find that option
    under WinXP

    GargoyleBG, Apr 26, 2004