    separate folder (NRM) for that, which incidentally Windows doesn't like
    either.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 10, 2004

  2. Ben Pope

    peter Guest

    peter, May 11, 2004

  3. Ben Pope

    Ed Guest

    Ed, May 11, 2004
  4. Ben Pope

    Ben Pope Guest

    Ben Pope, May 11, 2004
  5. Ben Pope

    Sam Guest

    Sometime on, or about Tue, 11 May 2004 01:14:05 +0100, Ben Pope
    scribbled:
    No problems here at all. I installed write over my old 3.13 drivers.
    Maybe you should uninstall all your old nVidia drivers and clean out
    your registry too. Reboot and try again.

    Sam

    Sam, May 11, 2004
  6. Ben Pope

    Ed Guest

    Same here on my non-dlx.
    Ed

    Ed, May 11, 2004
  7. Ben Pope

    peter Guest

    That package uses the 4.16 ethernet drivers...you said 4.14???
    peter

    peter, May 11, 2004
  8. Ben Pope

    peter Guest

    This nForce Win2K/XP driver package contains the below components:

    Audio driver version 4.31 (WHQL)
    Audio utility version 4.31
    Win2K ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
    WinXP ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
    Win2K ethernet NRM driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
    WinXP ethernet NRM driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
    Network management tools version 4.16
    GART driver version 3.77 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
    Memory controller driver version 3.38 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
    SMBus driver version 4.04 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
    Installer version 4.38
    Win2K IDE 2.5 driver version 4.15 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
    WinXP IDE 2.5 driver version 4.12 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files

    Ben
    I have been looking at your website and following most of your helpful
    suggestions ..never well almost never had a problem.I have been using various
    remixes of the Nforce drivers packages with only slight problems...Ide drivers
    mostly and some sound drivers..never ethernet.So I assume that you're problems
    must stem from the Nforce3 drivers.Some remnants must (maybe)still be on your
    system.Might I suggest DriverCleaner to clean out those remnants and a fresh
    install of the 4.24 package??
    peter

    peter, May 11, 2004
  9. Ben Pope

    Ben Pope Guest

    Sorry... to clear up sme confusion...

    I am using the Ethernet Driver version 4.16 from the nForce 4.14 package.

    I couldn't uninstall the driver, it was very strange, but I managed to find
    a hidden device in device manager and removed that, then managed to removed
    the new driver... meanwhile, with the new, but not working driver installed,
    my 3Com didn't appear to be installed either, it wouldn't let me view the IP
    properties, saying I needed a NIC installed!

    I had a little poke in the registry, but decided to revert to the old driver
    for now. I'll have another play later.

    I've never had any problems with the nForce package before...

    Incidentally, for those that have it installed properly and working, what is
    the exact name of the ethernet driver? Has it changed from "NVIDIA nForce
    MCP Networking Controller"... i.e., dropped the "MCP" from the name?

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 11, 2004
  10. Ben Pope

    Ed Guest

    forceware 4.24/Device Manager/WinXP pro...

    "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller"

    Ed

    Ed, May 11, 2004